Saturday, July 18, 2009

Japanese Lessons

During the English Lunch Tables, I often ask the students to teach me useful Japanese words or phrases. Despite the intention to learn useful Japanese, it often turns into Japanese slang or phrases that are just funny to hear me say (as with our exchange of English lessons as well..) 

For whatever reason, the majority of the Japanese I learn is either from comedians, or only phrases that old men or samurai would say. In fact, many of the students will often set up scenarios over and over just to hear me say a certain phrase. 

I guess it's just funny for them to hear an 18 year-old, foreign, white girl, say something that an old, drunk, Japanese man would say.. 

:) 

1 comment:

  1. so basically they like hearing you say "get off of my lawn!" in japanese? lol

    ReplyDelete