Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Volleyball

If you've been reading, you already know that volleyball isn't my forte; being previously described as my biggest challenge this summer, you know that my lack of volleyball-skill caused great frustration. Nevertheless, three weeks ago, I hit a really good stride. It all began to make sense. I found a groove that worked for me, and I stuck with it. I finally found my place in volleyball:

official scorekeeper. 

That's right folks! I declared myself as the official volleyball scorekeeper for the summer, and you know what, I've had so much fun the last three sports nights. I figure, someone's gotta do it. And I can flip numbers like a pro- plus I love watching volleyball. It's the perfect position for me. :)

3 comments:

  1. hahaha. way to find your place, rachel. i'm sure you are the best scorekeeper ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 Cor 12:

    "14Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. 15If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, but one body."

    Paul's obviously talking about spiritual gifts, but i think the general principle still applies ;). Glad you've found your niche!

    (the previous comment was the same as this one but i put the wrong reference...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 corinthians is so relevant to today's society.

    ReplyDelete