Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bad Luck Can Be Fixed With Sushi and Kung Fu Panda

So I fall down in the mud, right?

Yeah, I fell down in the mud playing frisbee. Problem was, I hadn't planned on going back home before continuing with my evening plans. However with the new earthy decorations on my feet, jeans, hands, and arms, I knew that I'd have to be flexible and go home and change. 

The whole point of not leaving was so I could go to this music store at 5, and I've been looking forward to it all week. 

So I start going home. Wanting to save money on trains, I decide to walk this shortcut through another university (Meisei Univ.) I've traveled the shortcut once before in the opposite direction, and it was simple enough, so I figured I'd be able to do it backwards. 

It all started fine, but pretty soon I had no idea where I was. I start looking around and I'm on this back road and nothing familiar is standing out to me. Do I turn back? Should I keep going? All I knew was that I had to find Meisei University. 

I see some buildings through the trees. Meisei! So I walk down a hill and finally am on campus. But where? Which direction do I walk in? I soon found out that the campus is a lot bigger than I thought, and since I had taken an unconventional way to end up there, I had no sense of where I should be walking. 

I look at my iPod: 4:14. Already this Should-Be-25-Minute trek has taken me 45. Great. 

One goal: Find the Monorail. Monorail means the road and then I can get home. 

By the time I finally find it- I am right across the street from where I started. 
It took me 25 minutes to walk home from there.
My disheveled french braids, mud, and sweat from the 82% humidity was a sight to be seen. 

Got to my door. Hung my umbrella outside. Checked the train times. Realized that, because my little "shortcut" took so long, I would not make it to the music shop by 5. Bummer. 

And to top it all off- somebody stole my umbrella! 


4 comments:

  1. "It all started fine, but pretty soon I had no idea where I was."

    I can't imagine a situation where that is a good thing lol. I am impressed by your attempt to DO BOTH though! Too bad going home and changing took forever. Now you've just got the music store trip to look forward to even more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you glad you didn't get attacked my a panda that knew kung fu!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one ever said frisbee was safe! And she didn't even mention that the movie was an epic fail. She had to leave during the climax because we started it late because dinner ran late, because the sushi restaurant was so packed, and so she didn't get to finish the movie when Rachel was the only one really watching it, lol.

    But my luck wasn't so sweet either, I got overcharged because I didn't understand Japan's interpretration of "one-day rental" which I rented at 9:45pm and had to return by 5am. haha, life lesson's, learned in Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel your trip would not have been complete without skinned knees,ankles,elbows, torn pants mud and BANDAIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete