Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Very Small Table

So today I find out that the key to my apartment doesn't work. Maybe it's not cut right, I can't really tell. It's not like a regular key- more like a blank dog tag with a hole punched near the bottom right. It looks exactly the same as Mary's.. except it doesn't work. yay! 

It's not really that big of a deal, except when Mary's not here and then I can't leave the apartment. Such was the situation tonight: I heard that Dan (Cal State Long Beach) and many of the Japanese students we met in the last few days were meeting at Tama Center for Starbucks (yup, sbucks). The message was passed along that I couldn't go, so everyone came to my apartment instead!

There were about 9 students plus me and Dan. They brought rice and fish and some different desserts and we had a sushi party! And it was all around a very small (probably 2'x2' table) that the apartment came with! I kinda felt bad because I had hardly any furniture or food, but I think that maybe made it more fun. Maybe next time I'll have a bigger table :] 

It was so fun hanging out with the students. Dan taught us a card game called Indian Poker, and we all took lots of pictures. I think tonight I learned that you don't need much to have a good time- just people that want to be together. That's all. 


1 comment:

  1. what is it with you and apartments that you can't leave? at least you didn't have to sleep outside in your car like you were going to last time...lol

    love all the little updates! keep 'em coming

    you guys are (still) in my prayers!

    p.s. there's thing song that you really need to hear. that's all i can say for now though ;)

    ReplyDelete