Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Taste of the States

This morning Mary and I went to Tama Center and got Starbucks! It was a very comforting and familiar taste. As much as I like trying new foods, it's always good to have something that reminds you of home. It was such nice weather so we did Bible study outside before meeting with a student for lunch. We went to lunch at this Italian place (I know, right?) where they have pastas and pizzas, etc. I didn't realize how much I would enjoy using a fork! So far these experiences I'm having are teaching me immense appreciation for both my culture and the Japanese culture. 

After lunch we went to a store called UNIQLO (pronounced "you-NEE-kido"...kinda. It comes from what "unique clothes" sounds like). It's a very popular store here. They sell clothes comparable to Old Navy. I will probably end up there a few more times before summer's out. 

I think I have an ear infection. What's new? It's not really an adventure until Rachel ends up at the doctor. 

2 comments:

  1. We love the updates! Keep 'em coming. If you have a chance to post some photos it would be great to see the things you're doing...except going to Starbucks. We can do that here. :D

    ReplyDelete