Monday, June 15, 2009

Baking + Settlers = I feel like Alissa.

Monday is my day off. We are encouraged to take time for ourselves to relax and recover. I've been eager to bake so Mary and I went to the grocery store and bought the goods... they were the most expensive cookies I've ever made, but they were totally worth it. Having a great recipe memorized comes in handy every once in a while :D 

Tonight Mary, Mikey, Dan and I went to the Rood's for dinner (an amazing Korean dish, courtesy of Jin Rood), and a rousing game of Settlers of Catan. I had never played Settlers before, so Dan explained the rules to me as we went along. I was frustrated in the beginning because I didn't really get it, but I ended up winning (woot!). It was such a fun game! I see now why people (like Alissa) get so terribly excited over it. That game is definitely on my birthday wish list. 

*tip for the cookies: Use the Nestle recipe, but put Ghirardelli 60% Cocoa Baking Chips in instead... and eat them warm. Amaaaazing! 

3 comments:

  1. so I thought of you today because Jordan, Chris, Lee and I are planning on watching benjamin button tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taught her everything she knows, and apparently too much as she bested me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we will bake and play Settlers! So excited!! I don't even care if I win the game, I just like playing it...and winning is just icing on the delicious cake!

    ReplyDelete