Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fish.

I think I might be allergic to fish. All this time I thought I just didn't like the taste- maybe that was for a reason. The last times I've had sushi it just never sat well. I don't know... maybe I'm mildly allergic. Anyways- we just got back from Sushirol (105 yen per plate sushi place). It was Jillian, Sarah Joy, and Spencer's first official day in Tokyo- so sushi seemed appropriate. 

The other night after sports, a group of us were talking about 1 thing we'd like to try/accomplish in the next month. Mine was try raw octopus... I'm proud to say that I accomplished that today at Sushirol. It wasn't too bad, actually. You just have to chew it up really good, otherwise the suction cups can get stuck onto the inside of your throat and you can choke... yeah. 

It was a great day. It was so much fun to have the three new team members here and start teaching them about the area and what they'll be doing in BEST. 

Yay Japan! 

P.S. How do you think they catch octopus? Is the octopus served in restaurants wild octopus? or do they have like.. octopus farms? 

3 comments:

  1. well if you're allergic to fish then you're getting a raw deal.

    sorry, couldn't resist that one! ;)


    and they probably do both: catch and farm. but i don't know for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that they catch them. I saw this really weird thing once about how an octopus have a baby octopus after years and years of being in a tank by itself...it was interesting.

    ReplyDelete